Animated Objects Theatre Company will be delivering a Coastal wide performance of The Odyssey – An Epic Adventure on the Yorkshire Coast.
Highlighting and showcasing the diverse landscapes, architecture and communities of our Yorkshire Coast, The Odyssey will engage local people in producing and performing this dramatic story through a series of outdoor events.
Read on to find out more and click below to see further information about Animated Objects.
What is The Odyssey?
The Odyssey is a series of outdoor events that will include giant artworks, film, animation and illuminations and will give opportunities for our communities to get involved in creation, production and storytelling.
Spanning 100 miles of stunning coastline, from Spurn Point to Staithes and delivering more than 50 live events across 3 years, The Odyssey is a substantial project delivered over an extended period of time, to allow the opportunity for building momentum and ensuring high-quality outcomes in terms of exposure and audience.
The Yorkshire Coast is populated by strong individual communities each distinct from it’s neighbours. It also boasts some of the county’s most stunning scenery and holiday destinations.
Animated Objects have chosen The Odyssey as a narrative thread for this project as it allows space to include a large number of communities and destinations over a wide area, and the content of the story gives the ability to showcase each location whilst bring these destinations together with a series of high profile, visually engaging events.
It will engage visitors both directly through attendance at each destination and by cross-promoting the whole coast as a destination with high quality online and media content showcasing our dramatic coastline and what it has to offer to visitors.
It will highlight the rich heritage of the Yorkshire coast, but also the creativity of the people who live here. Including cutting edge digital technology to create immersive and interactive experiences which will serve both as attractions in their own right and to show that this region has much to offer to visitors of differing tastes and high expectations.
Who will benefit?
The Odyssey will give participants from the community the opportunity to:-
- Engage in all areas of the creation and production of the scenes in their area
- Owning their local narrative and impacting the story
The Odyssey will give the business community the opportunity to:-
- Work in partnership with their community
- Benefit from additional visitors some of which may never have experienced the area before
- Exposure across multiple marketing platforms promoting the whole Coast
- Opportunities to engage in the events and their communities
The Odyssey will give audiences the opportunity to:-
- Experience our coastal backdrop in a new and innovative way
- Provide reasons for multiple visits across the three year period which will result in visiting new areas
- See the Yorkshire Coast as home to high profile events which offer interactive and cutting edge technology to provide an immerse experience
Expect to see announcements in Autumn 2020 detailing the first programme of events and the team will deliver a series live presentations in key locations along the coast, where local communities can find out more about the project, engage in question and answer sessions, and become involved directly in the production process.