Filey Steampunk Festival
We are supporting the fantastic Filey Steampunk Festival which has now been moved to take place in 2022. Our funding is to help increase the size and diversity of this already successful event transition from 1 to 2 days to encourage the community of Steampunk followers to become overnight visitors rather than day-trippers.
Event organiser Paula explains what Steampunk means to her…
Steampunk, as a whole, is very inclusive and not restrictive to age, gender, body shape etc. It’s a very creative art movement and provides the opportunity to ‘dress up’ in a costume that has no rules or limitations. Its emphasis is on being polite, friendly and fun!
What you can expect
“Steampunk” was coined in the 1970s to describe stories that celebrate the adventurousness and technological progressiveness of the Victorian Era and Filey makes for a dramatic backdrop!
Importantly it is a style that isn’t restricted to just a meld of science fiction and the romance of the Victorian era, but it is something which everyone can make it unique to themselves.
This inclusive festival will celebrate all things steampunk alongside diverse entertainment, music, stalls and burlesque acts. However, if you are competitive and love a good challenge, make sure you pack the digestives to take part in the unique tea duelling!
Who will benefit?
Steampunk Filey will give participants from the community the opportunity to:
- Engage in an interesting cultural event
- Have the opportunity to get involved and feature in the festival
Steampunk Filey will give the business community the opportunity to:-
- Work in partnership with their community
- Benefit from additional footfall and exposure across multiple marketing platforms
- Have an opportunity to be potential venues for activities
Steampunk Filey will give audiences the opportunity to:-
- Explore both the town centre and coastal areas of Filey
- See Filey as a backdrop to interesting and diverse events which offer which attract high-class performers and acts