What is MonsterHero Safari?
This is a high street experience where families are tasked with hunting down 10 monster superheroes, displayed in public windows, and learning their names, origin stories and powers.
Children will delight in spotting the cute, colourful characters when they spot all 10 they can download a free e-book with the characters first team-up adventure.
Trails have been set-up in towns across the Yorkshire Coast, including Whitby, Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington, Hornsea and Withernsea.
Recently we have seen the power of ‘experience trails’ as people look for activities to do safely with their families. Rainbows and teddy bears displayed in residential windows have become synonymous with the lockdown.
MonsterHero Safari works by utilising contactless NFC technology and QR codes, without the need for players to download or sign up to anything. The safari consists of 10 vinyl window characters, with embedded NFC tags that mostly independent retailers will host.
To take part simply:
- Tap any character decal with your phone to unlock the little monster to get started
- Learn their names, stories and powers and find out where the next is hiding
- When you’ve found them all you will unlock your very own ebook!
Families will be able to start the safari by tapping or scanning any of the characters and simply donating whatever they can. To launch this activity we will be providing 1000 games completely free, to boost participation and build momentum.
For families on the safari, they will be able to engage with the experience by tapping each character’s belly and learning their names, stories, and powers. Younger children will delight in spotting the cute and colourful characters in window corners and older (and grown-up children) will engage by learning more about them.
After spotting all 10 “MonsterHeroes”, families will be rewarded with a free e-book about the character’s first team-up adventure.
How you can help promote the trail
These trails have been created to guide people around each of the towns so as well as the businesses which have the monster vinyls in the window, everyone can play a part in promoting this as an activity for their customers via their own social media.
Please find copies of the assets below
Who will benefit?
MonsterHero Safari will give participants from the community the opportunity to:-
- Safely return to our high streets to participate in free family activity
- Encourage the community into areas of the town they may not usually explore
MonsterHero Safari will give the business community the opportunity to:-
- Benefit from additional footfall and exposure across multiple marketing platforms
- Have an opportunity to engage with families visiting their premises perhaps for the first time
MonsterHero Safari will give audiences the opportunity to:-
- Explore multiple towns across the Yorkshire Coast
- See the Yorkshire Coast as home to interactive experiences.
These trails will be live until the end of September and we will be monitoring how people engage and what the appetite of repeating activities like this.
We have the opportunity to create our own bespoke trails and a key focus of ours is Christmas, so if you would like us to repeat this in your area, let us know so we can include your town in our Christmas plans.