The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
There is a full range of packages available, from grants to VAT deferrals and you can use the governments online tool to check what you are eligable for, or see the latest updates and links to resources below.
Latest Government News
- Replacement feed: coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Speech: UK statement on the WTO Joint Initiative on Services Domestic Regulation
- Press release: Senior civil servant and former lecturer in medical statistics appointed to Joint Biosecurity Centre
- Guidance: Regulatory status of software (including apps) used in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients with coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Press release: £7 million for new coalition of vulnerable children’s charities
- News story: Face coverings to become mandatory on public transport
- Speech: Transport Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 4 June 2020
- News story: UK aid-backed drone technology supports Ghana's coronavirus fight
- Policy paper: Slides and datasets to accompany coronavirus press conference: 4 June 2020
- Press release: £7 million for vulnerable pupils leaving Alternative Provision
- Detailed guide: 3D printing (additive manufacturing) of medical devices or component parts during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Press release: Trade Credit Insurance backed by £10 billion guarantee
- Guidance: Coronavirus (COVID-19): how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK
- Detailed guide: Coming to the UK for seasonal agricultural work on English farms
- Speech: PM statement at the coronavirus press conference: 3 June 2020
Resources and Support
You can contact the government’s Business Support Helpline for free advice.
Business Support Helpline (England)
Telephone: 0800 998 1098
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business Grant Fund
- Local Authority Discretionary Grant Fund
- Coronavirus Future Fund
- Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Paying Sick Pay
- Deferral of VAT Payments
- Deferral of Self Assessment
- What to do if you can’t pay your tax bill
If you need resources creating to display in your premises, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
To assist, we have created some basic signs that you can download and print which you can access below and don’t forget to display the HSE checklist. This is to give people confidence that you have put in place necessary measures to protect you, your employees and customers.
If you need help and advice on how to protect people from coronavirus (COVID-19) in your workplace, you can contact HSE direct or you can find links to tools we think you may find useful:
- by telephone: 0300 790 6787 lines are open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 8pm
- online using HSE working safely enquiry form