The golden quarter has never been as crucial as it is this year. Despite the various government restrictions, we are focused on bringing safe Christmas activity to the town centre to support local businesses by increasing footfall.
This year we have commissioned the creating of the Christmas Express, which is a free, family experience to compliment the other activity taking place within the town.
The two Christmas carriages will be located near the top of Westborough and families will be able to book their free, managed experience where children can safely write their letters to Santa and watch their journey on the way to the North Pole.
Tickets are due to go on sale on 6.11.2020, and the experience will run on 20th November – 21st December. Tickets will be bookable via eventbrite.
UPDATE: Due to government announcements, we are placing ticket sales on hold to see if we can safely reopen this experience from the 2nd December.
If the experience can continue, this and all town centre activity is going to be promoted via the ScarboroughChristmas website which includes details of Christmas trails, business promotions, activities and local competitions.
We have funded
- Christmas Express: Carriages and Elf promotional team to safely manage the family experiences
- Large bear lighting structure to add a selfie opportunity and link to local competitions.
Other Christmas activity provided by partners
- Scarboroughchristmas website hosted and managed by SBC to promote all activity on the run-up to Christmas.
- Christmas trails organised and managed by SBC
- Local advertising opportunity for all business available on the Scarboroughchristmas website – contact the BID team to add your business listing
- Brunswick Shopping Centre has added Christmas activity within the centre and details will be shared soon
We will continue to add any opportunities for businesses to promote themselves and urge all businesses to start promoting themselves via Scarboroughchristmas website so more people can see everything that is happening in one place.