The golden quarter has always been a crucial period for retails, and it was imperative in 2020, that despite restrictions we focused on bringing safe Christmas activity to the town centre to support local businesses by increasing footfall.
In 2020 we commissioned the creation of The Christmas Express, which was a free, family experience designed to complement other activity taking place within the town.
The two Christmas carriages were located near the top of Westborough and families could book their free, managed experience where children could safely write their letters to Santa and watch it take a journey to the North Pole.
We have funded
- Christmas Express: Carriages and Elf promotional team to safely manage the family experiences.
- Large bear lighting structure to add a selfie opportunity and link to local competitions.
To complement the activity that took place over the 4 week period, we also included a social media campaign for all BID businesses to be promoted via loveyorkshirecoast with boosted messaging to promote key products and reasons to support local businesses.
Other Christmas activity provided by partners
- Scarborough Christmas website hosted and managed by SBC to promote all activity on the run-up to Christmas.
- Christmas trails organised and managed by SBC
- Local advertising opportunity for all business available on the Scarborough Christmas website
- Brunswick Shopping Centre added Christmas activity within the centre with a socially distanced Father Christmas.
2020 Investment: £20,000