Our newest partner, ShopAppy.com
ShopAppy.com is a well-established, multi-award-winning online ‘marketplace’ which allows businesses to efficiently sell their goods online without the need for e-commerce websites and the hassle of arranging your own deliveries. It’s quick and straightforward to set up – plus as a levy payer, we are funding the general cost of £240 per year starting from April 2020.
How can ShopAppy.com help during lockdown?
- If you don’t have a website or have one without e-commerce, you can quickly and easily start selling your products online
- You can take orders much more efficiently than email, phone or social media
- If you are already selling through your website, we can link this to your listing, and you will benefit from the extra online traffic as businesses will be cross-promoting the site
- We’ve partnered with local taxi firms to provide delivery in your areas, the cost of which is paid for by the customer, meaning less hassle for you
- There’s no commission on sales
- People can buy products, online activities/events, or ‘buy now, enjoy later’ voucher if you are unable to trade at the moment, so you don’t miss out on people looking to purchase gifts for birthdays/anniversaries/special occasions.
- You can speak directly to customers, by adding items as ‘ring to order’ (to arrange postage etc.)
- We will be promoting this to residents as soon as we have enough businesses onboard to encourage them to shop local which will include spotlights on the businesses featured
We want to help safeguard the character and uniqueness of our local places and keep our local economies going. If you know any other businesses who you think would benefit which are not levy payers, they too can start using the ShopAppy site for free for three months as part of the site’s COVID-19 response.
Here’s a word from Jackie Mulligan, Founder of ShopAppy:
“For over three years, our mission has been to help local places (high streets, markets, towns and cities) to compete with the online giants and we’ve been fighting hard for local businesses. In the past few days, our site has generated thousands of pounds worth of sales, for local businesses who would otherwise be struggling to trade.
If you are not actively trading at the moment, you can still register on the site, and we can place a ‘back soon’ sticker on your profile. It’s a great way to remind people that you’ll be there for them, once this is all over.”
We are contacting businesses direct to help you get on board, but you don’t need to wait for us to contact you. ShopAppy could be a valuable tool to keep your business current in peoples minds, so register for FREE today, using the ‘Register New Account’ button at shopappy.com/vendor.